Hi everyone. I am taking the Pet Blogger Challenge hosted by GoPetFriendly . But first a Stinky update. She didn’t want to eat on Saturday which I know could lead to a lot of problems. I had medicine left from Lucy so I gave her a dose of mirtazapine (( 1/8 of a pill). After a while, she did want some food, not as much as usual, but she did eat few times. It made her very loopy though and I feared we were going to lose her. I am going to call the eye specialist Monday morning and explain that we can’t wait until Friday and see if they can get us in sooner. I am very scared for her so please keep praying and purring.
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone who is visiting for the first time, please give a quick description of the subject of your blog.
I have been blogging for 1 year and 7 months. My blog is about the life my husband and I share with our 14 cats.
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud?
In 2015, I was able to spread the word about kitties in need and I know some of my readers donated to help. I am proud to be part of such a caring group of cat lovers.
3. Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why? (Please include a link.)
Phoebe’s posts are my favorites ( she gets more comments than I do too). My favorite would be when she started The Sisterhood of the Traveling Bikini:
4. A common theme from last year’s challenge was that many of us wanted to increase the size of our audiences. Whether or not we intend to monetize our blogs, it seems we’d all like to reach more people. It feels good to know that we’re connecting with others, sharing a laugh or supporting a cause, and it’s motivating to see those numbers grow! What is one thing you’ve done in the past year that has brought more traffic to your blog?
I join every hop and blog sharing post that I can. This has helped me find more blogs to read and brought me more readers.
5.Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? Why do you think it was so popular? (Please include a link.) Goodbye My Sweet Lucy was the post with the most traffic. We had to say goodbye to our 16 and a half-year old kitty, Lucy. She was a big part of the blog and always willing to wear costumes and hats for photos. She clearly touched many lives and everyone gave their condolences. The blogosphere is like a family and very supportive especially during times like that.
6. What is one blog that you read religiously – other than your own – and what makes you such a devoted reader? (Please include a link.)
I read well over 100 blogs/ day and they are all unique in their own way which makes me keep coming back to them. Here is the link to my list of favorites : http://www.15andmeowing.com/blogosphere/ ( they are not in order of preference)
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media, or other skills that improve your blog? I read the blog Mostly Blogging for tips. I would love to improve my technical skills on WordPress, but haven’t found a place to do that .
8. What is the best piece of advice you can offer other bloggers?
If you want people to care about your blog, you need to care about others’ blogs too. I know many people have full time jobs in addition to blogging, but you should at least try to write a comment once a week on all the blogs you read or people won’t know you are reading their blogs.
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals?
I want to make money blogging so I can donate it to my weekly ROAR. I have 2 children’s picture books written based on our cats that I would love to get published as well which would be sold through the blog. My biggest goal is to figure out how to get my blog posts to the people that signed up for it in their email.
10. You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there one blogging challenge you’d like help with, or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?
I would love to know how to get my posts to people’s emails: I paid for Mailpoet and they tell me my server is blocked and I need to pay ( in addition to them) for another service like mailchimp. I don’t want to have to pay twice and I am afraid to lose all the information when I try to move the email addresses to the other account.