Hi everyone! I am letting mom have my day because it is her birthday.
Thank you Penny. I have been thinking a lot about turning the big 5-0 so I thought I would make a list. It is pretty random, some are quotes I agree with and lessons from books, others are things I find important. I hope you enjoy it. If I forgot anything important, please let me know.
1. You can’t save anyone.
2. Cats are God’s best invention.
3. People that brag have the most to hide.
4. When a cat stops eating, it is very, very sick.
5. People that give too many compliments are phony.
6. My mom is ALWAYS right.
7. Listen more than you speak.
8. Don’t assume anything ( The Four Agreements)
9.You should always do your best ( The Four Agreements)
10. Always be impeccable with your word. ( The Four Agreements)
11. Don’t take anything personally ( The Four Agreements)- I have trouble with this one.
12. Crayons will melt if left in the car ( just learned that one).
13. It is much harder to get out of something than into it.
14. No one is “normal”.
15. Just because someone goes to church every week doesn’t mean they are a good person.
16. Instructions are written for a reason- read them. ( I am bad at this which is why I am making my 100 snowflakes to practice following directions).
17. A goal can be reached in many ways.
18. It is OK to change a horse midstream if your horse is dead. ( I started saying this after college because I knew I didn’t want to be a teacher, but I didn’t want to change horses and what a waste of college).
19. It is OK to say No to anything you don’t want to do.
20. Breathing issues do not always mean lung problems- sometimes it means heart failure.
21. Anything worthwhile takes the effort.
22. You should always give more than you take.
23. Everything changes.
24. Life is unfair- bad things happen to good people and vice versa.
25. If you want different results, you need to take different actions.
26. Something is always lost when something is gained.
27. Leave everything better than you found it.
28. If you won’t write it and sign it then you should not say it.
29. Don’t react, instead you should respond.
30. When cooking crack the eggs in a separate bowl.
31. Don’t wait for conditions to be perfect to do anything or you will never do anything.
32. Always send a thank you note- handwritten.
33. It really does take a village to raise a child. ( I am thankful I had a village and have been part of many children’s villages).
34. You really are the sum total of the 3 people you are with the most.
35. Flossing is very important.
36. You will use Algebra after high school. ( I use it when I reduce a recipe).
37. Everything happens for a reason , but we can’t always figure out the reason.
38. Four year college is a waste of money. Why do they spread it out over 4 years when it can be done much quicker- and cheaper?
39. You can’t break a habit- you can only go over it with a new one.
40. Always accept water when offered ( people feel bad if you don’t).
41. Treat your inner child well.
42. Everyone needs something to look forward to.
43. Leave them wanting more-don’t overstay your welcome anywhere. ( Seinfeld).
44. If someone gossips to you, they will gossip about you.
45. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. ( Eldrige Cleaver)
46. Let is go- bad thoughts, possessions, etc. Whenever I want my mom to throw something away, I start singing Elsa’s song, Let It Go.
47. Multi-tasking is not such a good thing. Better to give 100% to each task.
48. Life is too short to wait for anything.If you want to do something- do it.
49. Time spent with cats is never wasted. ( Sigmund Freud).
50. Everyone needs hope.