Hi everyone! Time for the Friendly Fill-Ins. Please leave your link (at bottom of post) here or at my co-host’s Four-Legged Furballs. You can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate.
1. Black Friday _________________________________.
2. A pet peeve of mine at this time of year is ___________________________.
3. ‘Tis the season for _________.
4. I never jumped on the _________ bandwagon.
- Black Friday I will be out shopping with my mom. We go out about 7 AM, the crowds are gone by then.
- A pet peeve of mine this time of year is receiving Christmas cards that people don’t sign with love. We get cards from relatives that don’t sign love, just their names, no note. I figure if you are going to spend 50 cents on a stamp at least write a little note and spread the love. I drive my hubby crazy getting so mad about that, I even use HBO words sometimes.
- ‘Tis the season for Christmas music. I am breaking my cds out today.
- I never jumped on the cell phone bandwagon. I have a cheap cell phone that I use to call my hubby when I am off with my mom, but that is all.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...
Could Joanie BEE any cuter?
Congratulations to The Kitties Blue for winning our book giveaway ( don’t worry, I will send toys too).
Comedy Plus’ Wordless Wednesday
Create with Joy Wordless Wednesday
Hi everyone! We are joining The Cat on My Head’s Sunday Selfie Blog Hop. But, first, the winner of the butterfly toy is the cats of Socrates Book Reviews-Congratulations!
And here are our selfies:
Slipper selfieSquinty selfieSleepy Selfie
We want to give our condolences to our dear friend Kali’s family. She left for the Rainbow Bridge on Tuesday. She was co-founder of The Crotchety Cougars with Phoebe. She was a sweet and beautiful girl who will be missed by everyone who knew her.
Emmy is here to announce the winner of her Dr. Seuss Giveaway…and the winner is The Island Cats. Congratulations! We can’t wait to see you in that hat.
BlogPaws Wordless Wednesday
Comedy Plus Wordless Wednesday
Curious as a Cathy #WW
Hi everyone! We are joining Brian’s Thankful Thursday blog hop and Sammy’s Poetry Day.
First, I have a question. Who told Joanie to have Gremmie guard her tent?
I am thankful that we have a lot of warm and soft places to snooze so I don’t need the tent.
Here is my poem for Sammy’s Poetry Day. We were asked to write a poem based on this photo.
Angry waves surround
pirates pillaging the ship
no help to be found
And the winner of the Valentine’s Giveaway is Cuddlywumps Cat Chronicles.
And here are The Friendly Fill-Ins for Friday. Mom came up with the first two and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two.
1. The Winter Olympics ____________________.
2. I think the most romantic movie (or book) is ___________________________.
3. Recently, I had an odd experience when .
4. I believe that love .
Hi everyone! I am joining Brian’s Thankful Thursday Blog Hop. I am thankful I am not the one going to the vet today. Sammy is getting a dental and Polar Bear is getting blood work for his thyroid.
I have a poem for Sammy’s Poetry Day. This week was a toughie, we had to come up with a poem to go with this photo.
Santa needs some help
foggy weather has arrived
Rudolph’s time to shine
That’s the best I could do.
And the winner of the Grumpy Giveaway is Martha from Plowing Through Life, she also has another funny blog Miniaturopolis. You should check them both out.
Her are the Friendly Fill-Ins for tomorrow. Mom came up with the first two and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two.
2. I _____________________.
3. One holiday memory that I cherish is .
4. I always thought that Santa ____________________.
Hi everyone! I am happy to report that mom has been doing lots of stupid things that I can write about.
She forgot to put the cranberry sauce out on Thanksgiving Day. Good thing there were cranberries in the cornbread stuffing.
Dad was making tea and asked mom to add hot water to the cups to warm them up, but when he went to make the tea, she had added cold water.
Emmy has a something to say too.
I now know why Phoebe had these earmuffs. This mom lady sings Christmas songs. Although, I don’t think what she does could be called singing, she sounds like a wounded cow.
And the winner of the Black Cats Tell All book is Laila and Minchie!
The rafflecopter for the other book ends tomorrow ( the author is in charge of that one because mom is too stupid, I mean challenged to work rafflecopter.) We will be having a few more giveaways soon.
We are joining The Cat on my Head Sunday Selfies Blog Hop.
Hi everyone! Today we are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop, Tonk’s Tail #PMT photohunt and Ten Things of Thankful .
Before we get started though, the winner of the cat mug ( and crocheted cat toys) is Cat Scout Charles. Congratulations! Prancie will announce the winner of the Black Cats Tell All book on Sunday. You have until 9PM EST to enter.
The word prompt this week is family. I guess Emmy has decided she likes her family.
I used ribbet to add a frame to the photo so that is my art.
Here are my thankfuls-
- Leftovers- I sent my mom home with a lot and we have enough for days too.
- turkey soup
- turkey salad with cranberries, pecans and mayo
- A nice,relaxing Thanksgiving. My mom and I even worked on a puzzle as we planned our shopping strategy for Black Friday.
- Surviving Black Friday- most stores had enough workers so there were hardly any lines and everything we went for was still available.
- The “great one” is going to be a big sister.
- Prancie’s blood work was good , her thyroid is in normal range, she gained a pound and her heart sounded good.
- Sammy’s blood work was good too-except for his thyroid, but that is treatable with a pill.
- Christmas music on my favorite radio station. The alarm goes off to the radio so it is nice to hear the Christmas music.
- Going shopping on Black Friday with my mom. I know some are against going because of the crowds and frenzy, but it is something we always do and I am thankful we were healthy enough to go ( and I pray we will be for many years to come).
Hi everyone! I am joining Brian’s Thankful Thursday Blog Hop. I am thankful that I have been getting to go for two walks a day with my folks.
Shhh! Don’t tell the farmer I got on his equipment. I knew I could smell hay.
I am quite the adventure cat. I don’t know why everyone stares when they ride by and see my folks walking me on our own property.
Grammie picked up my medicine at the vet today- thanks Grammie. I love you so very much. I still take my anti-nausea meds so I won’t lose my appetite.
Here is my poem for Sammy’s Poetry Day featuring the letter L- I used all 4 words just like Madi does.
I will never be a lap cat
but sometimes I will wear a hat.
I like beef and turkey, but not lamb
I sure hope I get a visit from my Gram(mie)
I have a hunch
mom and Grammie are going to lunch
I hope they get me a new harness
after Labor day I can’t wear a pink dress
And the winner is Crystal’s Photo Blogging Site. Her adorable kitty will enjoy the mat.
Here are the Friendly Fill-Ins for tomorrow. Mom came up with the first two and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two.
1. My favorite fictional character is ______________________-.
2. A new tv show or film I am looking forward to this Fall is ____________________.
3. One of my very favourite books is .
4. The best time to is .
Hi everyone! Time to announce the winner of the giveaway for an IKEA mouse.
I am going to let Emmy announce the winner.
By the way, I haven’t seen Grammie since last Wednesday! I love her so very much, I hope she visits me soon.
And the winner is Teddy of One Spoiled Cat! Congratulations! Your white mouse will go out in the mail today. Everyone else, don’t worry, we will be doing another mouse giveaway soon.