Hi everyone! Time for the Friendly Fill-Ins. Please leave your link (at bottom of post) here or at my co-host’s Four-Legged Furballs. You can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate. Don’t forget to add your link to the hop so everyone can visit you.
1. The highlight of my week is ______________________.
2. Only _____ more days until __________________.
3. I believe I was born to _________.
4. Age is _________.
1. The highlight of my week is watching The Blacklist on Friday night. James Spader is such an amazing actor. My hubby and I recently binge watched Boston Legal and he was great in that too. Don’t worry Nic Cage, my heart still belongs to you. ( And yes, I heard about his recent 4 day marriage).
2. Only 16 more days until I can have chocolate again. ( I gave it up for Lent).
3. I believe I was born to rescue cats.
4. Age is only a number. I am going to be 50 this year, but in my head , I am about 10.
I know this is a long post, but I still need to do The A-Z Blogging Challenge, letter E. E is for emails. If you like a brand of cat food, litter, toy, etc.you should sign up for emails from their website. Most of the time they will send special offers to you for sales on their products.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...
Today is Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day started in 2015 by Deborah Barnes of Zee & Zoey. This is a special day to remember all our furbabies waiting for us at The Rainbow Bridge. They have all left their pawprints on my heart and will never be forgotten.
Time for The Friendly Fill-Ins. Please leave your link (at bottom of post) here or at my co-host’s Four-Legged Furballs. You can also answer in the comment section.
1. I am going_________________.
2. I want to be more ______________.
3. Once in a blue moon, I _________.
4. I have a large collection of _________.
1. I am going to get a much needed pedicure on Saturday.
2. I want to be more mindful. I feel like I have a ping pong ball in my head, I never concentrate fully on anything.
3. Once in a blue moon, I got out after 4PM. I know that sounds odd, but I rarely go out in the evening unless it is to a wake, wedding or something like that.
4. I have a large collection of Halloween decorations and I can’t wait to get them out for the season.
Today is Black Cat Appreciation Day. Most of you know that black cats are least likely to be adopted because many people think they are bad luck which is ridiculous. They are just as sweet and loving as any other color kitty.
Hi everyone! Today, for Brian’s Thankful Thursday, I am going to show some photos of my Angel kitties from Christmas past. I am thankful for all the cats that I have had the honor of sharing my life with, these photos are just the 5 who have left us since I started blogging.
Hi everyone! I am joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop and Ten Things of Thankful. This week, I am copying Messymimi. Last week, she featured Halloween decorations as her thankful and I thought that was a great idea. I actually didn’t even feel like decorating this year because of losing Phoebe, but I decided Phoebe would not want me to be sad and my husband enjoys the decorations too so I got everything out. For my art, I made collages out of the photos of my decorations to save space.
Department 56 blown glass eyeballs that my mom bought me years ago.
Halloween wreath that I made a few years ago, I also made them for my niece, mom, sister and several friends.
The first house of my Halloween village, my mom bought it for us in 1992.
5. Blue plastic pumpkin my hubby bought me last year because I like blue- it is great to store yarn in.
6. Old bottle I decorated with poison stickers.
7. Pumpkin my friend had a cat lasered on it.
8. Frankenstein, a friend gave to us when she was moving. For the first week he is out, I get startled several times when I see him.
9. This is an older photo, but Spooky posed with my stuffed black cats.
10. Thankful I got to help the great one decorate with Halloween window clings yesterday.
Hi everyone! We want to give you all an update on Phoebe’s health. She gave me quite a scare this week by not eating. She was diagnosed with stage 2 kidney disease about 6 months ago and we have been monitoring her. The vet didn’t want to do fluids at home because of her heart murmur. She gets a vitamin B12 shot and an anti-nausea shot every 2 weeks. She eats pretty good for a while after that, but when she doesn’t eat, she doesn’t have much to work with and is currently 5 lbs. 5 ounces, when she was checked 2 weeks ago, she was 5 lbs. 10 ounces- you see where this is heading if she keeps refusing to eat. ( I have tried baby food, people food, etc. )
She now has an anti-nausea pill daily and the mertazapine for appetite which she will get every 3 days. I was disappointed yesterday that she didn’t perk up more after fluids ( she was very dehydrated). We are trying not to run our central air as often because I think it makes her dehydrate even faster than she would without it.
The vet called today with blood work results and her kidney values are not much different than 6 weeks ago. Her white blood count is up so we are waiting on a urine test and should know Monday if there is an infection. If not, we need to find the cause of that.
We just want to let everyone know what is going on and ask for purrs and prayers. I won’t give up on her until she lets me know she has given up. And she really wants to have another Festivus party in December and dress up for Halloween in a couple’s costume with her purrince.
She is ready to take any questions you may have. We made this press conference photo on photofunia back in 2015.We are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop and are very happy it is back on this week.
Hi everyone! Today we are joining Brian’s Thankful Thursday Blog Hop. We are thankful for the black kitties in our lives. I am also thankful that my Grammie FINALLY came to see me. I love her so very much!
My brother Sammy has a quirk
he is a bit of a jerk
One night he sleeps on mom’s head
the next, he poops on the bed
He thinks he is a cool dude
and steals everyone’s food
You may think he is a perfect Cat Scout
but at home he is bad without a doubt.
Now Brody move! You are on my new favorite spot.
PS: Here are the fill-ins for Friday. Mom came up with the first 2 and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two.
1. If someone were visiting my area, I would recommend a visit to _________________________.
2. My favorite room in my home is _________________________.
Hi everyone! It is getting to be t-shirt weather which is the perfect time to stock up on some cute cat t-shirts.
*Disclaimer: We received a $40 gift card to Animal Hearted in exchange for spreading the word about their products.
These are some of my favorites:
They also have specific breeds too:
And they don’t just have cat products, they have dogs, alpacas, frogs, chickens and guinea pigs too! The best part is they donate 25% of proceeds to animal charities, they have a list of them on their website.
I used my gift card for the black cat shirt and also some items for a giveaway.
Just leave a comment on today’s post for a chance to win these goodies which include a bag, 2 car magnets and a key chain. Phoebe will announce the winner on Thursday.
And be sure to check out their website. Click Here