I used ribbet to make my art, Joanie is enjoying a sun beam with Gremmie ( she gave him some shades because as you know, gremlins don’t like bright light).
Did anyone notice Gremmie was wielding a potato peeler on Thursday?
Here are my thankfuls-
The big snowstorm missed us, we only got a dusting.
Pinterest– great for finding recipes, crochet ideas and toddler crafts to name just a few of my boards.
The Great One is a fun age, we made Easter cards and she did such a good job with the ink pad and paint. I took photos, but they are on my mom’s phone at the moment.
No vet trips this week.
I read in Catster that Matilda the cat at the Algonquin passed away in October. That made me sad, but I am thankful that I got to meet her when we stayed there in 2015.
I took this photo, I even brought her one of my crocheted toys.
6. My Sammy was in the latest episode of The Codmother-click here.
7. Cheap cabbage -I made a big casserole of golompki ( stuffed cabbage)
8. Went shopping and to lunch with my mom.
9. My dvd set of the tv show Homefront, I am enjoying binge watching it. I loved it when it ran in 1991-1992. It was never sold on dvd, but a few years ago I found this on Amazon. I didn’t realize it when I ordered it that someone had copied it from the tv so it isn’t the best quality, but it is better than nothing. It is funny at the end of each show the voice over says what is going to be on Dateline that night- even back then people were complaining about the president.
10. Reese’s pieces, I gave up chocolate for Lent so they have been my sweet of choice. I know I should have given up all sweets, but I didn’t.
Don’t forget the #SciFIPawty is all day from 11 AM -11PM with Stunning Keisha as dj at 9 PM.
We are thankful that Tallulah and Emmy are both feeling better. I already notice Emmy doing more of her night “hunting” and leaving me toys.I think that means her medicine is making her feel better.
And Mrs. Potato Head is glad she was able to outrun Gremmie. I don’t think she will be gremlin sitting anytime soon.
My Sammy thought he would try a poem for Sammy’s Poetry Day, we had to write one based on this photo:
Cat Scouts is a lot of fun
We go hiking in the sun
We search for a perfect spot
you need to know how to tie a knot
It is good to be near water
we may even see an otter
Time to set up the tent
this will be quite the event.
And here are the Friendly Fill-ins for Friday. Mom came up with the first two and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two. Please say a prayer for her cat, Chloe Jo who is battling lymphoma.
1. I am the _________________ in my family.
2. I have __________________ sibling(s).
3. I am looking forward to this Spring.
I am thankful that Gremmie is not my responsibility. No wonder why Joanie can’t get paid to train gremlins, she doesn’t know how.
Millie is thankful to his friend , Sawyer for sharing this PTU Pooper badge that Teddy’s mom made for him.
Yes, Millie has popped in the PTU every time he has ever been in it. Last week, he went to the vet for a rabies shot and blood work. All is good, except his thyroid levels so he needs to take a larger dose of meds. Jinx went to the vet too and all was good with him despite being 15.
We lost power Friday from the storm, but it was back in 2 hours.
Our 20-year-old generator failed and we were afraid is could cause a fire, I am thankful that our electrician who installed it and is now retired came over to disconnect it for now.
We got all rain from this storm instead of snow or sleet.
Breakfast with my mom, niece and the great one.
I am thankful that the great one has so many people that love her, I wish all kids we so lucky.
The teller at the bank I go to retired a year ago and I didn’t get to say goodbye. I am thankful that my mom and I ran into her( not literally) in the grocery store parking lot and had a nice conversation with her.
I am almost done all the crocheting for the A-Z challenge.
New episodes of my favorite shows on tv this week.
Thankful my hubby qualifies for a senior discount at the vet ( that sounds funny, you know what I mean though :)).
My sweet hubby.
We are also joining the Appreciate the Moments blog hop hosted by Everyday Dog Mom and Dog Mom Days. The word this month is lucky and I am lucky to have all these loving cats.
Hi everyone! Happy Dr. Seuss Day! Time for the Friendly Fill-Ins, be sure to add your link at McGuffy’s Reader. You can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate.
1. My favorite Dr. Seuss book is _________________.
2. The most interesting person I have ever met is ______________. 3. Besides books by Dr. Seuss, my favourite book as a child was .
4. Lately, I have been working on .
1. My favorite Dr. Seuss book is The Cat in the Hat. ( I am sure you all could have guessed that).
2. The most interesting person that I have ever met is my husband’s father, he was an inventor of hydraulic construction equipment with several patents.In addition, he was an avid gardener and a great cribbage player. I wish I had more time with him, he passed away in 1999 at the age of 91.
3. Besides books by Dr. Seuss,my favorite book as a child was Dolly Madison’s Surprise. It was my mom’s book as a child and I still have it.
4. Lately, I have been working on crochet projects for the A-Z Challenge in April.
We just finished Lessons from Stanley the Cat by Jennifer Freed. Psychotherapist, Jennifer Freed writes about lessons she learned from her beloved cat, Stanley. This book was published in 2010 so you can get a cheap used copy on Amazon. My Spark is one of his lessons, “Do not let any bad comments or derision bother you. Consider negativity as passing gas.” Very wise advice.
This week’s mewsic theme is your favorite love songs so here are mine:
I have never seen a Twilight movie, but I love this song.