For my art, I am reusing this art I made of Lucy in 2015. She posed with a photo of my Dad in the Air Force and his memorial flag.
Thank you all for the purrs and prayers for Emmy. She is eating again. I hope she stays healthy, but I know the antibiotic shot has an anti inflammatory effect that helped Phoebe eat when she first had one so I am cautiously optimistic. I do think the addition of Trouble stressed her which could have led to a UTI.
Joanie’s Lucky Traveling Cow Moo is almost ready to travel. Last call to sign up for a visit from her. The Great One was here for a visit on Thursday so I had her bring her Dr. Kit. Moo received a comprehensive exam including necessary vaccines.
Everyone told me that Grammie is wonderful and gives out lots of treats. Well, she did give out treats, but she is a squealer.. She told my Mom that I had a mouthful of Brody’s fur. Then she said Sammy was better behaved than I was and that I eat faster than he does.
This is what I think of Grammie.
In my defense, Mom saw me chase Sammy when he chased Brody.
Phoebe’s favorite day of the year was Cinco de Mayo. Her Dad always gave her $5 for pole dancing and for the past few years, Grammie did too. Last year I knew in my heart it would be her last Cinco de Mayo, but I didn’t want to believe it. I used Lunapic to add a frame to her photo from last year.
Here are links to her past Cinco de Mayo celebrations:
If you haven’t already entered our giveaway for The A-Z toys, be sure to visit yesterday’s post and leave a comment on your favorite. Giveaway closes at 9 PM (EST) winners will be announced on Sunday’s post.
I used lunapic cartoon effect on a photo of KaTwo posing with the crocheted yellow submarine. I like how it makes the submarine stand out. Monday is the last day of the challenge and after that, I will be having a giveaway of all the crocheted items.
I did not get a chance to bring Trouble to get spayed this week, but she will go Tuesday and I will have her FELV/FIV tested. Hopefully, after she heals she can fit right in. She is a sweetie, it is Sammy I worry about causing a problem, but I am hoping he will be more accepting of a female than he has been with Brody. Although, for the most part, he coexists with Brody.
My art ties in with The A-Z Blogging Challenge. Noel is posing with our G, a ghost. I tried to put a black frame around it and ended up with this.
Here are my thankfuls-
We had a wonderful Easter.
Enough leftovers for most of the week, and I even sent everyone home with some too.
The decadent pie my niece made with a chocolate graham crust and chocolate chip cookie dough inside ( not actual dough, but tasty) topped with whipped cream and drizzed with chocolate syrup.
Thankful our church does food blessing for Easter, here is a photo of some of the beautiful baskets people make. Ours is not included, we keep everything wrapped because we are germphobes.
5, Another vet free week.
6.The Great One usually teases me when I want a kiss goodbye, but today she came right over for a kiss.
7. A surprise package in the mail with my favorite candy 🙂
8. I am thankful that I am more laid back than I used to be. My niece was so worried about The Great One breaking something and I just said, “she’d be doing me a favor, I have too many things anyway.” I remember crying over things my niece used to break like ears off of rabbit statues.
9. We got an inch of snow today- and it melted by the end of the day.
10.Hubby bought me a pineapple, I know that sounds odd, but I have been saying I wanted to get one and haven’t so when he went to get cat litter, he also got me a pineapple which was thoughtful.
I used ribbet to make my art, Joanie is enjoying a sun beam with Gremmie ( she gave him some shades because as you know, gremlins don’t like bright light).
Did anyone notice Gremmie was wielding a potato peeler on Thursday?
Here are my thankfuls-
The big snowstorm missed us, we only got a dusting.
Pinterest– great for finding recipes, crochet ideas and toddler crafts to name just a few of my boards.
The Great One is a fun age, we made Easter cards and she did such a good job with the ink pad and paint. I took photos, but they are on my mom’s phone at the moment.
No vet trips this week.
I read in Catster that Matilda the cat at the Algonquin passed away in October. That made me sad, but I am thankful that I got to meet her when we stayed there in 2015.
I took this photo, I even brought her one of my crocheted toys.
6. My Sammy was in the latest episode of The Codmother-click here.
7. Cheap cabbage -I made a big casserole of golompki ( stuffed cabbage)
8. Went shopping and to lunch with my mom.
9. My dvd set of the tv show Homefront, I am enjoying binge watching it. I loved it when it ran in 1991-1992. It was never sold on dvd, but a few years ago I found this on Amazon. I didn’t realize it when I ordered it that someone had copied it from the tv so it isn’t the best quality, but it is better than nothing. It is funny at the end of each show the voice over says what is going to be on Dateline that night- even back then people were complaining about the president.
10. Reese’s pieces, I gave up chocolate for Lent so they have been my sweet of choice. I know I should have given up all sweets, but I didn’t.
Don’t forget the #SciFIPawty is all day from 11 AM -11PM with Stunning Keisha as dj at 9 PM.