Mom has a question for everyone. She is going to participate in the A-Z Blogging Challenge again. Last year, she crocheted something new everyday to go with the letters and then had a giveaway at the end of the month with 2 winners that got all the cat toys and hats. She wants to do that again this year with all different items, but can’t think of ideas for the following letters , I will put in parentheses what she made last year: N(nip tea bag), Q ( Queen’s crown), U ( Uncle Sam’s hat) and W(whale). Any ideas are greatly appreciated and please remember that mom is not that great at crochet so she can’t make unicorns or anything like that.
This year is not off to a good start. Our dear friends at The Cat on My Head lost their sweet Lily Olivia. She was a fellow Crotchety Cougar with Phoebe. If you haven’t already, please visit them to give your sympathies.
Our comments are off today.
I realize my art is awful this week, but it is not done yet. I am so eager to tell you about this that I couldn’t wait to finish. I signed up for The Kindness Rocks Project and these are the rocks I am painting. It is such a wonderful idea. You paint rocks with messages and cute pictures, you also write #kindness rocks project on the back and coat them with a clear coating. Then you place them somewhere for someone to find. Imagine having a bad day and looking down to see a rock that says “hope” or “faith”. They want everyone who does this to sign up so there doesn’t end up being a whole pile of rocks in one place, that would take away the fun. If you are interested, click here.
I will show you mine when I complete them.
Now for my thankfuls:
- I am thankful for a hubby that drags me outside to appreciate things like this rainbow:
2. For my Mom being willing to cat sit when the hubby and I got somewhere for a few hours. Otherwise, I would be filled with anxiety worrying about them.
3. The cute way my great- niece said couscous when I brought her some for lunch .
4. A new Ikea catalog in the mail.
5. For kind people in the world that come up with idea like The Kindness Rocks project.
6. More blueberries, zucchini and string beans from the garden.
7. Emmy getting on the bed during the night for a little affection ( even if it is about 3 AM) .
8. Figuring out how to start a free blog for Phoebe and her friend Kali, The Crotchety Cougars. Click here to visit
9. For Kali’s Mom doing all the photo editing for the cougars and writing the first post.
10. A nice night to watch for meteors earlier this week. I didn’t see any, but my hubby did before I went out.
Hi everyone! I am joining Brian’s Thankful Thursday Blog Hop. I got to see my Grammie on Wednesday, I love her so very much.
I am thankful that when Mom brought me to the vet Tuesday, they didn’t steal my blood. I just got a B-12 injection and an anti-nausea one. Mom talked to the vet about those and being that they are safe, I can get them every 14 days. The vet checked me and I wasn’t dehydrated so I didn’t need fluids like the last time.
I am thankful for The Crotchety Cougar Club, a place where all my older lady friends and I can complain. Please read about it on Kali’s blog. And please pray for Kali because she hasn’t been feeling well. I am thankful that we gained two more members this week ( they are not listed yet on Kali’s post, but will be added soon).
I am also joining Sammy’s Poetry Day featuring the letter F.
Some say family has to be blood
I tell them to jump in the mud
My folks and I don’t share DNA
but for my health they always pray
Brody may drive me nuts
but I love that little putz
Family are those that love you
no matter what you do
And here are the Friendly Fill-Ins for week 63. Mom came up with the first two and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two.
1. My favorite thing on my daily to-do list is ________________________.
2. My least favorite thing on my daily to-do list is ________________________
3. I could really do without .
Hi everyone! I got to see my Grammie on Saturday and look what she brought me, I mean us. I love her so very much. And she will be here Monday too-yippeee!
The sphere Mom posted yesterday had 7 of us and Four-Legged Furballs Mom got 6 correct- very impressive. There was me, Penny, KaTwo, Emmy, Sammy, Prancie and Millie.
Kali and I are still recruiting for the Crotchety Cougars, you just need to be a girl cat over 15. So far, we have Madi, Binga, Ellie and Allie. Anyone else? You get a lovely red hat with a cougar ribbon. And Kali’s Mom will make you a special badge too.
I am joining The Cat on My Head’s Sunday Selfie Blog Hop. Just me today because I had to share the spotlight on Tuesday and yesterday.