Hi everyone! Time for the Friendly Fill-Ins. Be sure to add your link at McGuffy’s Reader. If you don’t blog or don’t have time to make a post, you can answer in the comments. This is a Thanksgiving themed fill-in, but if your country doesn’t have Thanksgiving, you can substitute another holiday.
1. One Thanksgiving tradition I have is __________________________
2. Black Friday _______________________.
3. The best part about Thanksgiving Day is .
4. One Thanksgiving, .
1. One Thanksgiving tradition I have is WATCHING THANKSGIVING THEMED EPISODES OF EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND AND MAD ABOUT YOU AFTER MY GUESTS LEAVE AND I HAVE CLEANED UP THE KITCHEN.
2. Black Friday I WILL BE OUT SHOPPING WITH MY MOM, WE DON”T LEAVE UNTIL ABOUT 7 AM THOUGH, WE WON’T BE OUT AT MIDNIGHT. IF YOU DO THE SAME THERE IS NO NEED TO WAIT UNTIL THANKSGIVING FOR THE FLYERS, MOST ARE ALREADY LISTED ON BLACKFRIDAY.COM
3. The best part about Thanksgiving Day is BEING WITH FAMILY.
4. One Thanksgiving, I DID NOT HOST A MEAL, IN 2010, MY KACHOO WAS VERY SICK AND ENDED UP AT TUFTS THAT NIGHT, SHE LEFT US 2 DAYS LATER 🙁
Phoebe wants me to let you know that her friend Bacon interviewed her, you can read that by clicking here
and don’t forget to comment on yesterday’s post to enter her Thanksgiving Giveaway.
Phoebe, you look so cute.
I remember you doing Black Friday with your mom. I don’t do crowds well. Yikes.
Macy’s Parade is one thing I love to watch every year. The old sitcoms are good, too.
KaChoo was beautiful. I know she was loved too. ❤
I love your sweet answers. Hugs.
Phoebe thanks you. I don’t do crowds well, but there is a lull at 7 am when the real early birds are back home.
Thank you, I miss my KaChoo every day She was my first kitty. XO
Good answers but sorry to hear about Kachou!
Aww I’m so sorry about KaChoo. 🙁
I love Phoebe’s expression in that last photograph. 🙂
I agree with your #3. Being with family and being thankful for them, making memories, that is what its all about.
Have a blessed day and a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you, that was a tough year. I do love holidays and being with family too.I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving too.
Your fill-ins are great. I’m so sorry about Kachop…there are always special days that remind us of the dear ones that we have lost.
Keep your chin up my friend,
Thank you XO
I am not happy about Thanksgiving this year – my human and her boyfriend have decided to skip going to someone’s house for turkey and instead they’re spending it having pizza with friends at the Rainbow on the Sunset Strip! I’m disgusted because I always look forward to the turkey when they come home. Pizza=boring!
Sorry you get jipped out of your turkey. I would prefer the pizza myself.
Happy Thanksgiving. Family is important. When I was growing up, family was all about drama. Somewhere along the way, my aunt would get upset over something and go into the bedroom and slam the door. About the same time, my uncle, her brother, would get upset at something and leave and drive back to Atlanta. There was always some drama.
That sounds awful. I am sure you have good memories though now from your own kids and Suzanne.
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving…..it’s always a special time of the year even though we’re thankful ALL the time, we focus on those things we’re thankful for on “the day”………..I’m thankful to call you my friends. Love your fill-ins!
Hugs, Sammy and Mom Pam
Thank you. We hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving too. XO
Wishing you a healthy Thanksgiving for everyone in your home this year!
Thank you, and the same for you.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Answers: 1. Eating turkey and dressing. My sister makes it from the 100year old family recipe. Mmmm good. 2. On Black Friday I like to stay in my pjs all day and watch old movies. 3. Family and friends. No presents, just food and family!! 4. One thanksgiving when I was a kid we went to my grandmothers and ALL the relatives showed up. We had one long table that stretched from the kitchen to the front door! And that was just the adults. We even had to use lawn chairs. It was really loud and lots of fun!
Thank you for your answers. I bet that is really good dressing and how special that you have a family recipe. That Thanksgiving with your grandmother sounds wonderful. XO
I love your fill-ins, but I’m so sorry to hear about your experience with KaChoo. She looks like a real sweetie, and what a cute name! Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you. XO
I also love watching Thanksgiving episodes of shows. It just makes the day so much more festive. I’ve never been Black Friday shopping, probably because I don’t like shopping. I agree with you 100% on #3. Time with family is so very perfect. I am so sorry that KaChoo was sick those years ago on Thanksgiving, and that she left so soon after. Rest assured, though, in knowing that you surely gave her the best life, care, and love a kitty could ever ask for. Thank you so much for hosting this. We always enjoy it and look forward to it all week!
I agree, it does make the day more festive. I love shopping any time. I will always miss KaChoo, but yes, she was very loved for 16 years.
I don’t do Black Friday due to the crowds and traffic. We stay close to home the whole TG weekend eating leftovers and watching TV.
That sounds like a nice way to spend the weekend.
Great answers! Our Mom used to be out early shopping on Black Friday but now she does it online.
Thank you. Your Mom is smart.
We didn’t know your middle name was Marie. That’s pawsome. We hope this year’s Thanksgiving is an excellent one.
It is Maria and Mom only uses it when I am in trouble :)We hope you have a nice Thanksgiving too.
Phoebe, you don’t look like you approve of that hat 😉 I hope you get paid for your modeling … in Party Mix of course!
I sure do 🙂
Hubby and I are going to enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner on a train. We did it last year and it was most enjoyable. It’s about a four hour ride where you have your meal and enjoy the foothills. No mess, no cooking, no dishes. Just relaxing. We do supply a great tip for those folks that work Thanksgiving.
Have a purrfect day. My best to your peeps. ☺
That sounds like a very nice time, I love trains.
Phoebe, that was a nice interview…however, you are a stinker! We lost our grandpa on Thanksgiving; the phone rang while we were setting the table, so it’s never been the wildest holiday for our family. Low-key is the word. I am sorry about your loss too. Being vegan now, The Hubby and I bring a huge bowl of roasted vegetables, and my BIL makes a lentil loaf that is out of this world, while everyone else eats turkey, etc.
Thanks for reading the interview. I am sorry you lost your Grandpa on Thanksgiving. I am impressed you are a vegan. I have given up meat for long periods of time but never dairy.
We always find it so odd that everyone talks about Thanksgiving at this time of year! Our Canadian Thanksgiving is celebrated in October.
I wish ours was so there was more time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I don’t go out for Black Friday but I’ll be doing some shopping on Cyber Monday. One year, I got a really good deal on kitty furniture 🙂
I like cyber Monday too 🙂
These posts are always fun!
Thank you 🙂
Great fill-ins. I also like to watch holiday-themed TV episodes. Off to read your interview!
Thank you and thanks for reading the interview too.
Happy Thanksgiving, we don’t have this holiday in the UK but we can still wish mew all a pawesome day!
Basil & Co xox
Thank you XO
Those were some great fill-ins and your answers were terrific. So sorry about Kachoo, it must make your Thanksgivings very sad at times. We just know she was well loved. Have a great week end.
Thank you, I always think of my KaChoo on Thanksgiving and every day. XO
Awesome fill-ins! And a wonderful interview, too!
Thank you 🙂
Hidey Ho all.
Oh you are brave to shop on Black Friday. I don’t go near retail areas on that day
Thank you 🙂
We always enjoy reading your fill ins. Hope you guys have a happy thanksgiving!
Thank you. I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving too.
Great fill-ins ! Black Friday sounds like a crazy day ! Purrs
Thank you XO
I am sorry about KaChoo.
We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here but we wish all our US friends a happy one. My mum doesn’t like shopping at the best of times, so there is no way she would go shopping on Black Friday.
Thank you sweet Flynn. XO
MOL We seem to ‘member you Black Furiday shoppin’ last year too. We’ll be purrayin’ fur ya’, dat you stay safe and get whatever bargains you need. Sorry ’bout Kachoo. Big hugs fur all.
Dezi and Raena
Thank you XO
I’m so sorry you had such a sad experience on Thanksgiving 🙁 I lost Angel Sashi the day after Valentine’s Day and I’ve never felt the same way about that holiday since. For that matter, losing Tara and Truffles on the same day 2 years apart just a few days after July 4th makes me wish July was no longer even on the calendar.
You’re a brave woman to go out on Black Friday!
There is always a dark spot on Thanksgiving because of KaChoo. XO
Thanksgiving is our mom’s favorite holiday, even when she doesn’t get to spend it with family.
I love it too 🙂
We wish you luck when you’re out there shopping on Black Friday. The mom says there’s no way she’ll venture out that day and would rather do her shopping on line. 🙂
Thank you, I will shop online too when I get home from shopping.
TW used to shop the day after Thanksgiving before Black Friday existed.
1. One Thanksgiving tradition I have is mooching turkey while Pop is slicing it. The peeps always eat at home so TW can make her Mom’s stuffings. She also watches the parade on TV.
2. Black Friday is for stores to clear their shelves of old product and stuff that doesn’t sell.
3. The best part about Thanksgiving Day is FOOD! TW says the stuffings.
4. One Thanksgiving, Pop got turkey blood all over the kitchen—twice—and TW had to sterilize everything—twice.
OH! CK! I know mom just said she knows what THAT is like. Extra work but needed! xo
Thank you for your answers CK. You are lucky you are allowed that close to the turkey, my kitties get locked up in the bedrooms. That must have been awful when your Pop got turkey blood all over- yuck. Have a great Thanksgiving- with lots of turkey.
1. Our Thanksgiving tradition is as most families and kitties; mommy likes to have the family around. Mom always worked a 12 hr. shift rotation and that included all holidays. She would get one Thanksgiving and one Christmas off every fifth year. So we learned to have those holidays on the next day off, or the last day off before the new work “week” started. As long as we were together…that was all that mattered.
2. Black Friday is something my mom doesn’t much bother with as she won’t trouble to go out at severely early or late hours. To her, it’s not worth it and what she would have gone out for…everyone else is too. So she’d probably not get it.
3. The best part of the day is fellowship and laughter with the family and a walk too, if bellies will allow.
4. As mentioned above…celebrating holidays happened on off days before and after including birthdays. You get used to it and don’t feel sad because you know your day will happen within a few days. Christmas though …the tree was up, presents under the tree. Just waiting on a day when mommy could be there all day too for gift opening.
I agree the only thong that matters is family being together- even if it isn’t on the exact holiday. XO
So sad to lose KaChoo right at Thanksgiving time. “Mad About You” was one of our mom’s favorite TV comedies. She cannot find it in reruns on TV. Do you watch it on-line? Be careful on Black Friday. Lots of wild and crazy folks out looking for deals. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo
I always think of KaChoo, she was my first cat. I own the first 3 seasons of Mad About You so I watch those Thanksgiving episodes. I got sick of the show, especially after they had a kid, it ruined it for me. By the time we go out at 7am, the crazies are already home on Black Friday 🙂 XO
Pawkisses for a Happy Thanksgiving to you all. We’re going to read your interview next week as we have a full house and can’t reply anymore. Enoy your weekend 🙂 <3
Thank you, enjoy your company. XO
Mee bows mee head fur KaChoo…hee looked like a luvley mankat!!!!
And Phoebe mee sweet buttercup that was a pawsum interview an mee adored all yur fotoss!!!!!
Sorry mee not been around much. LadyMum has been sorta sick with Sinusess again an our furend went to Pure Land an then today (Katurday) shee went to werk fur thee Feral Kat group….
An Tuesday thee Pee Cee is goin to Pee Cee Docktur to get fixed….so mee will bee offline fur who knows how long!!!!
***paw kissesss*** an all mee <3 LUV <3
Yur Purrince, Siddhartha Henry xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
KaChoo was a girl 🙂 Thank you for reading my interview my sweet boy. I am sorry about your friend and your Mum not feeling well. ANd the PC being sick too. XO and paw kisses
That was sad that your beloved KaChoo had to leave the earth on such a day. Our Suki left a couple of days after…so then our thoughts are always about our furries, at some point each time this holiday comes around…
1. One Thanksgiving tradition I have is to make everything from ‘scratch’, the whole meal.I still have to get my menu planned for this year, because now we are eating a bit different…but you can still have turkey on a paleo lifestyle, Hooray!
2. Black Friday. Petcretary calls that Stampede Friday, and she hates it. She did it the first year she was in the USA, and she felt like a sardine in the can…did they buy anything?? Nope..could hardly even get anywhere near the little restaurants there…we were in Union Station, Washington DC. She tried it another year here in Battle Creek…nope, not for her!
3. The best part about Thanksgiving Day is going to Church and giving thanks to God who is the giver of all good things and the sustainer of our lives. We must never take our blessings for granted. Only after we acknowledge from where our blessings come from can we in good conscience sit down and eat our feast. .
4. One Thanksgiving, on the day before,we drove to DC from here, 600 miles, with our two little boys…spent Thursday there and came back here on Friday. NO shopping, MOL! The then kitties were happy to have us back, and we were glsd we didn’t have to do any more long drives till Christmas! Another year we took the boys to Canada; wow that was strange, its just a regular set of days there! But of course it was good to help the family make a nice meal…with a turkey of course. Petcretary misses the Canadian Thanksgiving…but she has to work that day.
Often she has to work Thanksgiving as well… not to mention the other holidays. That is what you deal with when you work in jobs that do not stop for holidays, nursing himes and other health care facilities are 24/7/365 operations…but, its kind of fun to be there n festive days and you get to see peeps’ families that you might not see at other times. The residemts are quite happy too be with their families,and they are easy to help get ready for bed because they are properly tired out! MOL!!
Wow, the petcretary is wordy and wrote an epistle, MOL!!! .
I will always miss my KaChoo, she was my first cat and we had a special bond. Thank you for your answers. I am glad you can still have turkey. That was a long drive with 2 kids-yikes! I am glad I always get to be home for all the holidays. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!XO
Ellen, Spending Thanksgiving with family is the berries! You and your mom actually go out shopping on Black Friday? Oh, you guys are two brave souls! We did this once in recent years, the first time in many years prior, and that was enough for me. It also served as a reminder why we stopped shopping the day after Thanksgiving. The crowd was unbelievable. I’ll stick with cyber shopping, thank you! Have a blessed Thanksgiving, my friend, and thanks for hosting the fun!
It isn’t bad at 7 am 🙂
I don’t think I’ve ever waiting from Midnight onward for anything – as much as I do like a good deal. Online shopping sounds like a better – and more restful! – option. Although we do not really have the Black Friday thing here in Canada.
I’d much rather spend the day with family, and I like your tradition of watching some shows. I have Christmas movie traditions – I should find a Thanksgiving one too.
I don’t go out shopping until 7 am, I like sleep too much to go out at midnight.
Comments are closed.