My art this week is my crocheted pussy willow vases. They are resting on my new cube organizer I scored on clearance at Target for only $24.49. It holds 6 cubes, but I haven’t filled it yet or found a place to put it. 🙂
Hi everyone! Time for the Friendly Fill-Ins. Please leave your link (at bottom of post) here or at my co-host’s Four-Legged Furballs. You can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate. Don’t forget to add your link to the hop so everyone can visit you.
1. I could live on _____________________.
2. I rarely __________________, but when I do, ______________________.
3. I would most like to be known for _________.
4. If you want _________, you have to _________.
1. I could live on Smart Food. I can’t stop eating it every day.
2. I rarely go away overnight, but when I do, it is to NYC. We haven’t been since 2015. I don’t mind, I am a homebody.
3. I would most like to be known for rescuing cats. I bet you knew I would write that.
4. If you want anything in life, you have to put the work in.
Last week I showed you how Trouble gets into “stuff”, she has also been known to get into “things” too.
The A-Z challenge is next month. I have participated 4 times. My themes were random cat things, books about cats and two years of crocheted cat items. My question to all of you is would you prefer I write about blog hops or cost cutting ways to keep your cats happy and healthy?
Hi everyone! Poor Penny got her post bumped again. Millie wants to tell you about his Basepaw results. Almost a year ago, we won a kit on the blog, Pets Overload. I chose Millie to test because I was certain he had some Siamese in him. He is quite vocal which is one of their traits.
*Disclaimer: I won a Basepaws kit. I am not required to write a review. All opinions are my own.
He was shocked with the results.
This is what they wrote:
Now let’s talk about Millie! We sequenced Millie’s DNA, which we extracted from the sample you’ve submitted to us. This resulted in 19,183,303 DNA fragments sequenced, which represents 2,472,946,222 DNA bases that were sequenced. Using this data along with the latest cat genome (felis_catus_9.0), we analyzed genetic variants across 18 chromosomes to generate this report.
We assigned Millie to the Western breed group based on the comparative genomic similarity to breeds belonging to the Western group. Within the Western breed group, we ranked the individual member breeds based on how similar your cat is to each breed.
Millie is most related to a Maine Coon. I know nothing about genetics, but I am not convinced. I think Basepaws is a good idea, but needs some work. It took around 10 months to get our results which seems like a long time. I am glad I won a kit, but honestly, I would expect more if I had paid the $95. I checked the website and an Alpha kit will be available soon ( I assume it will cost more money), but it will include health information which could be useful.
As most of you know Lent began last Wednesday. I decided to read Whispers of Rest: 40 Days of God’s Love to Revitalize Your Soul by Bonnie Gray. There are 7-8 pages to read each day that include a scripture, a prayer, questions to think about and ideas to expand on each day. Some ideas include journaling and taking photos.
I am joining another hop that just started at CactusCatz called Sabi Saturday. I am late this week, but I was so excited that I figured better late than never. In the hop, we will show something we have found and rescued or repurposed, etc. You can read about it in full by clicking here.
I think most will put items they have rescued and I will eventually, but today I am showing you Emmy. I found her outside and kept her. Actually, I could show you a photo of almost every one of my cats because that is how most joined our family. I hope some of you will want to join in the new hop.
Penny is getting bumped tomorrow so I can tell you about Millie’s Basepaws results that finally came in.
Hi everyone! Saturday morning my mom called me laughing hysterically and told me I had a typo I needed to fix immediately. I went back to bed for an hour and when I went to fix it there were several comments about it already. It was giving everyone a chuckle so I decided to leave it because I love making people laugh.
Joanie and some of her friends wanted to do a selfie, well, an ussie.
Hi everyone! Time for the Friendly Fill-Ins. Please leave your link (at bottom of post) here or at my co-host’s Four-Legged Furballs. You can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate.
1. I am always ____________________.
2. I brake for ______________________
3. I’d be lying if I said _________.
4. _________ wins the race.
1. I am always itchy. Not sure if it is dry skin or my intolerance to msg, but I need to take Allegra daily and sometimes Benadryl too.
2. I brake for any living thing in the road and for free stuff in people’s yards. No tag sales though.
3. I’d be lying if I said that life with so many cats is always wonderful. They are a lot of work and very expensive- very worth it though.