Hi everyone! Time for the Friendly Fill-Ins. Please leave your link (at bottom of post) here or at my co-host’s Four-Legged Furballs. You can also answer in the comment section.
1. I have _______________ for ____________.
2. _________________ make me _____________________.
3. I’m surprised that _________.
4. To make a long story short, ________
1. I have an endless supply of love for all cats.
2. Cats make me happy.
3. I’m surprised that it was so hot and humid today. I though fall had arrived, but summer snuck back in.
4. To make a long story short, KaTwo needs prayers.*
* This is the long version-KaTwo could use some purrs and prayers. About a month ago , I took her to the vet because she was losing weight and drinking a lot of water. I though she was diabetic, but she is hyperthyroid. Her liver was inflamed because of this, I never realized that could happen. I got her an antibiotic shot just in case the inflammation was caused by infection. She quickly recovered and has been doing fine. She is tough to examine and requires Gabapentin just to get her into the carrier. That day the vet was unable to fully examine her after drawing blood. We went back for a thyroid recheck and I asked the vet to examine her this time because I could see blue around one of her nipples and felt a lump. The vet told me in 90% of cases it is malignant and the prognosis is poor. I am praying for that 10%, she will be seeing a surgeon as soon as I can get her an appointment. The vet did say she felt 2 lumps, but they were small.I always worry about this with my females because I adopt them as adults and most have not been spayed until they were older which is a cause of cancer. Has anyone ever had a cat with this? If so, how long did they survive?