Hi everyone! Time for the Friendly Fill-Ins.Be sure to add your link at McGuffy’s Reader, you can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate.
We are also joining Feline Friday , currently hosted by Comedy Plus and our friend Bacon’s Shopping Around the World ( this month is sandwiches).
1. The flu shot ______________________.
2. I think everyone should take ____________________ daily.
3. I (almost) always , because .
4. I (almost) never because
1. The flu shot is a good thing to get, my hubby and I got ours in October.
2. I think everyone should take a turmeric supplement daily. It is a great anti-inflammatory and some research has shown it to help prevent certain cancers.
3. I (almost) always eat too much junk food, because I have NO will power.
4. I (almost) never drink alcohol because I don’t like it. I will taste one sip of the wine my hubby makes , but to me they just taste like alcohol and not the fruit they are made from.
Emmy is here with the ingredients for our sandwich.
I wanted to do something different for Bacon’s Shopping Around the World so here is a recipe for a ‘mock” tuna sandwich. Back in 2010 when I attempted to be a vegetarian ( no fish either), I found this recipe and it tastes just like tuna salad.
1 can of chickpeas $1.00
2 T of mayonaise $2.50/jar
1 T of pickle juice ( not sure of the cost)
1 celery stalk, finely chopped ( $1.99/package)
bread ( I use bad for you white bread, $1/loaf
Rinse and drain chickpeas, then mash them up.
add mayo, pickle juice and celery then spread on bread of your choice
Looks just like tuna salad, doesn’t it?
Trust me, it tastes like it too.