Hi everyone! We want to give you all an update on Phoebe’s health. She gave me quite a scare this week by not eating. She was diagnosed with stage 2 kidney disease about 6 months ago and we have been monitoring her. The vet didn’t want to do fluids at home because of her heart murmur. She gets a vitamin B12 shot and an anti-nausea shot every 2 weeks. She eats pretty good for a while after that, but when she doesn’t eat, she doesn’t have much to work with and is currently 5 lbs. 5 ounces, when she was checked 2 weeks ago, she was 5 lbs. 10 ounces- you see where this is heading if she keeps refusing to eat. ( I have tried baby food, people food, etc. )
She now has an anti-nausea pill daily and the mertazapine for appetite which she will get every 3 days. I was disappointed yesterday that she didn’t perk up more after fluids ( she was very dehydrated). We are trying not to run our central air as often because I think it makes her dehydrate even faster than she would without it.
The vet called today with blood work results and her kidney values are not much different than 6 weeks ago. Her white blood count is up so we are waiting on a urine test and should know Monday if there is an infection. If not, we need to find the cause of that.
We just want to let everyone know what is going on and ask for purrs and prayers. I won’t give up on her until she lets me know she has given up. And she really wants to have another Festivus party in December and dress up for Halloween in a couple’s costume with her purrince.
She is ready to take any questions you may have. We made this press conference photo on photofunia back in 2015.We are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop and are very happy it is back on this week.
We are also joining Ten Things of Thankful blog hop. Here are my thankfuls-
- Mertazapine, a miracle pill for cats.
- I am thankful for the 14 years I have had with Phoebe
- and for every day I get with her.
- Joanie’s biopsy was benign. 🙂
- My trip to Ikea last week- I got the stuffed mice for the cats
- and the black cat curtains I have been wanting for over a year, glad they still carry them.
- Thankful that our Angel Spooky’s story is included in Black Cats Tell All.
- Thankful my Mom and I were able to go for pedicures Wednesday despite my bad toe which is much better.
- The blueberry ice cream I made came out great
- Friends that came over to visit and test my ice cream.