Tummy Tuesday

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today is tummy Tuesday and Joanie has all her t’s covered this week. Lucy still has tummy issues too, but not the good kind. I am glad she is eating again, but she still has troubles when she uses the litter box floor. We will be seeing her vet today, I don’t mind any of the vets where we go, but I do prefer this one as she has been there for years.

Tuesday is medical day too so I wanted to share a warning I saw recently on another blog called floppycats.com : http://www.floppycats.com/ragdoll-cat-poisoning-from-bath-and-body-works-plug-in-air-freshener.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+floppycats%2FmheS+%28Floppycats+Blog%29

A cat was poisoned from the fragrance oil leaking out of a Bath and Body Works plug-in. I had one of those in the bathroom , but only plugged it in when company was coming ( not often).  When I read this, I tossed it in the trash immediately.

And here is Joanie showing her tummy, toesies and tongue too:

002

55 thoughts on “Tummy Tuesday

  1. Joanie, you have a beautiful tummy. I hope your issues are better soon. We don’t use any air fresheners or chemically scenty things in the house because mom hates the fake smell and they make her not be able to breathe easily. But I think being toxic is an even better reason to not have them in the house. Mom figures if the house smells, it’s past time to open a window!

    • I don’t like many scents, but when I found a febreeze I liked, I bought 10. I never use potpourri or oils, I had the one plug in oil, but I tossed it-at least our trash bin smells good this week 🙂

  2. Thanks for the warning about the fragrance oil. Mom doesn’t use fragrance stuff too much – except when the Feline boxes get stinky and the stink lingers. She only uses it when none of us is around. BTW, I love your tummy, Joanie!

  3. EEEEK on the room freshener – we don’t use those but what a horrible thing to happen! Love the tummy/toes/tongue shot – thanks for that…….keep us posted on Lucy’s vet visit too!!!! Inquiring mind want to know what the vet says….

    Love, Sammy

    • I am not a fan of them, but I liked the winter scent from there. I tossed it though- safety first. I sent you an email about Lucy and will write about her tomorrow.

    • Good idea not to have the stinky stuff around. I hope Lucy feels better soon, but she needs an ultrasound before we can medicate.

    • Thank you for the kind thoughts on Lucy. She will have an ultrasound next Tuesday ( it travels and will be at her vets). Until then I have to try to keep her eating. I think your Mom needs ear plugs- that would help her sleep 🙂

  4. guys……heerz ta happee tummeez all round for everee one ~~~~ pawz crossed for grate mews frum de vet…..♥♥♥ thanx all sew for de headz up on de freshnerz……while we due knot use em; we will bee sure ta share……happee twooz day joanie 🙂 ~~~

    • Thank you for the kind thoughts on the tummies. Lucy will have an ultrasound next week- I just need to keep her eating until then. I asked for the B-12 shot and the vet said to wait until after the ultrasound.

  5. Joanie be lookiin’ bootyful and weez purrayin’ fur Lucy. Dat was very sad ’bout what happened to da kitty, but there awe cautions and warnings on da packagin’. Unfurtunately peeps not always like da smells dat come wiff havin’ ppets and they put those fings in aweas they shuldn’t. Anyfin’ wiff essential oils shuld be used wiff caution wound animals and small childwen. Mommy had a wall flower once dat sumpawdy gave her and OMC did it smell good. Glad dusn’t even come close. MOL Hope y’all have a gweat day and dat yous get sum answers ’bout Lucy soon.

    Luv ya’

    Dezi and Lexi

    • Bath and Body Works does have nice smelling stuff, but it is not worth it to risk the cats’ lives. I don’t buy candles either, only fake ones 🙂

  6. Mee-yu it was a tongue an toesie an tummy Tuesday there fur sure!!! Well dun Joanie….all thee “T’s” were covered an dun with flair!!!
    Oh lady Ellen wee horrified about that Air Freshener….LadyMum stopped usin them many yeerss ago because Aunty Mingflower wood sneeze. LadyMum doess have one of them teeny Glade 1 shot sprays fur emergency onlee. Fankfullee wee not stinky here, mew mew mew….
    Could you use Poe-purr-ee? Or maybee lite a cndle an stay close to it?
    Oh an LadyMum usesss stick inncense an that doess not bother mee at all….
    Mee hopes efurryone iss fine…..an Lucy wee still purrayin….
    ***paw kissess*** Siddhartha Henry xXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

    • Mom only uses fake candles and poutpouri is poisonous too if a kitty eats it and Joanie probably would. We have a nice smelling Febreeze, but it was discontinued so Mom found 10 cans on Amazon and bought them, but we are getting low. I bet you smell purrfect my sweet purrince.
      Love, Phoebes XO paw kisses and nose kisses and headrubs too!

      • Oh LadyMum says shee forgot that Poe-purr-ee iss poisonous…..shee rarelee ever used it because it wood make her sneeze a lot!!!
        An candless an kits do not mix!
        At leest you have thee Feebreeze! Mee iss good around candless an LadyMum watches also.
        **paw kissess** Siddharth Henry xXxXx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *