Time for The Friendly Fill-Ins. Please leave your link (at bottom of post) here or at my co-host’s Four-Legged Furballs. You can also answer in the comment section.
1. I am going_________________.
2. I want to be more ______________.
3. Once in a blue moon, I _________.
4. I have a large collection of _________.
1. I am going to get a much needed pedicure on Saturday.
2. I want to be more mindful. I feel like I have a ping pong ball in my head, I never concentrate fully on anything.
3. Once in a blue moon, I got out after 4PM. I know that sounds odd, but I rarely go out in the evening unless it is to a wake, wedding or something like that.
4. I have a large collection of Halloween decorations and I can’t wait to get them out for the season.
Today is Black Cat Appreciation Day. Most of you know that black cats are least likely to be adopted because many people think they are bad luck which is ridiculous. They are just as sweet and loving as any other color kitty.
Hi everyone! Today, for Brian’s Thankful Thursday, I am going to show some photos of my Angel kitties from Christmas past. I am thankful for all the cats that I have had the honor of sharing my life with, these photos are just the 5 who have left us since I started blogging.
Hi everyone! I am joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop and Ten Things of Thankful. This week, I am copying Messymimi. Last week, she featured Halloween decorations as her thankful and I thought that was a great idea. I actually didn’t even feel like decorating this year because of losing Phoebe, but I decided Phoebe would not want me to be sad and my husband enjoys the decorations too so I got everything out. For my art, I made collages out of the photos of my decorations to save space.
Department 56 blown glass eyeballs that my mom bought me years ago.
Halloween wreath that I made a few years ago, I also made them for my niece, mom, sister and several friends.
The first house of my Halloween village, my mom bought it for us in 1992.
5. Blue plastic pumpkin my hubby bought me last year because I like blue- it is great to store yarn in.
6. Old bottle I decorated with poison stickers.
7. Pumpkin my friend had a cat lasered on it.
8. Frankenstein, a friend gave to us when she was moving. For the first week he is out, I get startled several times when I see him.
9. This is an older photo, but Spooky posed with my stuffed black cats.
10. Thankful I got to help the great one decorate with Halloween window clings yesterday.
Hi everyone! We want to give you all an update on Phoebe’s health. She gave me quite a scare this week by not eating. She was diagnosed with stage 2 kidney disease about 6 months ago and we have been monitoring her. The vet didn’t want to do fluids at home because of her heart murmur. She gets a vitamin B12 shot and an anti-nausea shot every 2 weeks. She eats pretty good for a while after that, but when she doesn’t eat, she doesn’t have much to work with and is currently 5 lbs. 5 ounces, when she was checked 2 weeks ago, she was 5 lbs. 10 ounces- you see where this is heading if she keeps refusing to eat. ( I have tried baby food, people food, etc. )
She now has an anti-nausea pill daily and the mertazapine for appetite which she will get every 3 days. I was disappointed yesterday that she didn’t perk up more after fluids ( she was very dehydrated). We are trying not to run our central air as often because I think it makes her dehydrate even faster than she would without it.
The vet called today with blood work results and her kidney values are not much different than 6 weeks ago. Her white blood count is up so we are waiting on a urine test and should know Monday if there is an infection. If not, we need to find the cause of that.
We just want to let everyone know what is going on and ask for purrs and prayers. I won’t give up on her until she lets me know she has given up. And she really wants to have another Festivus party in December and dress up for Halloween in a couple’s costume with her purrince.
She is ready to take any questions you may have. We made this press conference photo on photofunia back in 2015.We are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop and are very happy it is back on this week.
Hi everyone! Today we are joining Brian’s Thankful Thursday Blog Hop. We are thankful for the black kitties in our lives. I am also thankful that my Grammie FINALLY came to see me. I love her so very much!
My brother Sammy has a quirk
he is a bit of a jerk
One night he sleeps on mom’s head
the next, he poops on the bed
He thinks he is a cool dude
and steals everyone’s food
You may think he is a perfect Cat Scout
but at home he is bad without a doubt.
Now Brody move! You are on my new favorite spot.
PS: Here are the fill-ins for Friday. Mom came up with the first 2 and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two.
1. If someone were visiting my area, I would recommend a visit to _________________________.
2. My favorite room in my home is _________________________.
Hi everyone! It is getting to be t-shirt weather which is the perfect time to stock up on some cute cat t-shirts.
*Disclaimer: We received a $40 gift card to Animal Hearted in exchange for spreading the word about their products.
These are some of my favorites:
They also have specific breeds too:
And they don’t just have cat products, they have dogs, alpacas, frogs, chickens and guinea pigs too! The best part is they donate 25% of proceeds to animal charities, they have a list of them on their website.
I used my gift card for the black cat shirt and also some items for a giveaway.
Just leave a comment on today’s post for a chance to win these goodies which include a bag, 2 car magnets and a key chain. Phoebe will announce the winner on Thursday.
And be sure to check out their website. Click Here
I am a big fan of Jeanne Foguth’s Sea Purrtector Files series. I have reviewed the other books here and here.
Me-YEOW! is the 4th book in the series and the best one yet. Of course, I am biased because this one is dedicated to Spooky who left us in April. There is even a character in the book based on him. If you are not familiar with the series, it is best described as a James Bond story with cats. Xander would be James Bond and he works for Catamondo. They send him to India this time to investigate the leftover clones from the last book. I am sure you will enjoy, you can get yours for $2.99 on Smashwords. Click here or you can get the Kindle version or a paperback on Amazon.
Hi everyone! Time for Friendly Fill-Ins Week 23, be sure to add your link on McGuffy’s Reader and you can always put your answers in the comment section. Thank you all for your participation.
1. It is good to have a spare __________________________.
2. I don’t understand why ____________________ is/are so popular. 3. The spookiest thing that ever happened to me was .
4. My favourite Halloween tale is .
1. It is good to have a spare COFFEE POT ( I get the cheap Mr. Coffees that only last a year so I always have a spare one ).
2. I don’t understand why THE KARDASHIANS are so popular. It drives me crazy when society rewards people for being shallow, these people have so much money they spend on cars, clothes and vacations instead of using it for good.
3.The spookiest thing that ever happened to me was NOTHING SPOOKY HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME, BUT I LOVED SPOOKY.
4.My favourite Halloween Tale is THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW.
And today’s word for the #JHC is Broom: Quidditch anyone?