If you missed part one, click here
Hi everyone! Time for The Friendly Fill-Ins. Be sure to add your link at McGuffy’s Reader. You can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate.
1.Before you ________________, you need to ________________.
2. After ______________________________.
3. Winter .
4. Spring .
- Before you have breakfast, you need to feed the cats- at least in this house 🙂
- After dinner, I like to have something sweet and coffee.
- Winter was pretty mild this year despite the 10 inches of snow we had yesterday. A lot of times we had rain instead of snow.
- Spring is almost here, the daffodils are peeking out of the ground.
We are also joining Feline Friday, currently hosted by Comedy Plus.
Poor Joanie, she watched Gremlins and now she is very afraid of Gremmie getting wet. She covered him in plastic to protect him ( don’t worry, she gave him air holes to breathe and eat).
Here is my poem for Sammy’s Poetry Day to go with this photo:
Stairs leading somewhere
go up if you dare.
Nothing is that scary
not like the movie, Carrie.
Maybe there is a treasure
something you can’t measure.
Now climb those stairs,
I promise there are no bears.
Grammie has been complaining that kaTwo never gets blog time so here she is , helping with the blog.
And here are the Friendly Fill-Ins for tomorrow. Mom came up with the first two and Annie at McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two. Right now, they both have worpress blogs so they can’t display the link on their blog, you will be redirected to a separate page. We are working to find a new link service that is compatible with wordpress, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
2. I would protest _____________________.
3. I have since .
Hi everyone! We hope you all had a nice Christmas.
Mommy got Daddy a telescope ( this is him assembling it)
We think maybe Grammie is the real Santa.
Mom even did something stupid for me to write about. She was making gingerbread truffles so she melted white chocolate in the microwave. She thought she set it for a minute and wandered off, when she got back in the room, the microwave was still on and she realized she hit an extra zero so it was set for 10 minutes. Luckily, it had only been 3 minutes, enough to ruin the chocolate, but she was able to save the bowl.
Hi everyone! Today we have 4 more letters to Santa. First, I want to tell you about my Grumpy giveaway. You can win a Grumpy Cat book, a stuffed Grumpy Cat wearing a Santa hat and 5 Grumpy notecards. I will make sure mom adds some crocheted toys too. Just comment on today’s post before 9PM (EST) Wednesday, I will announce the winner on Thursday. This giveaway is open to everyone!
And now on to our letters.
Sammy wrote: Dear Santa, You may have heard I was mean to Brody- that is an alternative fact. Love, Sammy”Penny wrote, ” I would like a new box, maybe put a plastic liner in it because I know I will pee in it. Love, Penny XOXO”KaTwo wrote: ” I want one of those fidget spinners like kids get. XO KaTwo”
We are joining The Cat on my Head’s Sunday Selfie Blog Hop.
Hi everyone. Before we show our Halloween costumes, I have a Prancie update. She is improving and can walk pretty well, just a little unsteady. The vet did not think she had a stroke. She thinks it is vestibular and possibly from an ear infection. She had an antibiotic shot and has ear drops. Thank you all for the purrs and prayers.
First off, black cats don’t need costumes, they are perfect just as they are. And Polar Bear is impossible to dress so he decided to pose with a ghost.
The other eight went with an ocean theme.
( photo taken before she got sick)
Which one do you like best? Have a great day!
Hi everyone! Today is a special day, it is Grammie’s Birthday! We all love you very much!
Here are my thankfuls
- Thankful for my mom and that I still have her, I know how blessed I am.
- Thankful that I got to meet Teddy’s Mom and Dad this week in Maine.We had a great time.
4. A nice early birthday party for my mom with my sister and the great one (can you tell that she chose the cupcakes? 🙂 ) She looked like a smurf when she was done with hers.
5. We won a haunted house cat scratcher from Summer– I will post photos when it arrives.
6. Thankful my mom stayed with the kitties all day Tuesday so hubby and I could relax and not worry about the cats while we were in Maine.
7. Cool , crisp fall weather.
8. Hot cocoa with whipped cream.
9. Chewy’s speedy shipping ( my order arrived in less than 24 hours- it always does).*
10. Amazon Prime ( I won one year of it a while back and I love the speedy shipping).
*I am a Chewy Influencer, but in this post, I am just a very pleased customer.
Hi everyone! This being the Queen stuff is exhausting.
Phoebe told me that you like stories of dumb things mom does. Well, the other day, she sprayed her perfume on the bed to make it smell pretty. Then when Dad came in for bed, he said the bed smelled like mothballs and took the top blanket off the bed. Mom made him sniff her perfume bottle and asked if that was the smell and he said it was. I guess Dad doesn’t like her perfume. Too bad, it is the only one that doesn’t give her a headache.
She also made a grilled cheese and forgot to put the cheese inside. Well, enough about us, here are 4 more tocks. I will show you the last 4 next week. And on Thursday, I will have my very first giveaway for Halloween.
We are joining The Cat on My Head’s Sunday Selfie Blog Hop.
Hi everyone! Thank you for all the words of comfort you have left on the loss of Phoebe.I will answer all your comments soon. I am still taking a break , but will return for our regular posts on Monday. I didn’t want to miss this special day because it is so important.
Today is Remember Me Thursday, the day we remember those in shelters still needing homes. Some will die in shelters before they ever get their forever homes.
KaTwo and Snowball spent 2 years in The Secaucus New Jersey Animal Shelter before I adopted them.I wish I had more than 4 years with Snowball, but I am thankful for the time we had.
Joanie and Sammy were also in a shelter when I adopted them. I went for Sammy, not knowing he had a sister, but once I saw her, I wasn’t leaving her behind. Please spread the word to adopt from shelters.
You can help your favorite shelter to win prizes( lots of food) in 3 ways:
- Take a photo of your rescue pet and post it on Instagram #RememberTheRescue and #RememberMeThursday.
- Post the photo on Twitter too with the same hashtags as above.
- Upload your photo to the website. Click here.
Hi everyone! Today we want to tell you about two kinds of treats we recently won.
First off, we won Blue Buffalo Kitty Cravings Chicken Crunchy Cat Treats from Three Chatty Cats. Being that KaTwo will only eat this kind of treat, I let her keep the entire bag ( don’t tell Phoebe).
We also won some Pet Naturals of Vermont Calming Treats from Sweet Purrfections.
They are supposed to help calm an anxious pet during thunderstorms, fireworks or any other stressful event. Joanie didn’t need calming, but she wanted to try one. I also let Sammy, Millie and Penny try them too. They must taste great because they gobbled them up. They did seem calm, but there was nothing stressful happening at the time. I put the rest away to try during the next thunderstorm. It only takes one treat to help, but up to 3 can be given.
Thank you Three Chatty Cats and Sweet Purrfections! Also thanks to Chewy who sponsored both giveaways.
We also want to thank the blog, KittyClism that gave us a Blogger Recognition Award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I started blogging because I love cats and wanted to share what I have learned about them over the years in the hope of helping other cats. It has now become a big part of my life and I am blessed with the friendship and support of a wonderful group of cat lovers.
Two pieces of advice to new bloggers- comment on other blogs and join Facebook groups for cat lovers( or whatever your blog is about) where you can share your posts.
I can’t pick just 15- if you are reading this then your blog deserves this award too.
We will be having a giveaway tomorrow so please stop by.