Emmy has a solemn look about her.
Joanie has today off with pay because Phoebe told her that last Monday was a holiday and she should have gotten twice as many treats for working. They threatened to report me to NUCAT.
I just completed The Good Son: JFK Jr. and The Mother He Loved by Christopher Anderson. My mom has always been a fan of the Kennedy family and has read several books about them. This is my first one and I already ordered another one from the library. I found this book very interesting and sad. This family has had more than their share of tragedies. I admire that the whole family was so hard working and committed to public service. They were far from perfect, but they did help others.
Today is the two-year anniversary of Lucy’s passing. I miss her every day. She was my grumpy, yet affectionate girl. She always loved to be on my lap and she came running whenever I would blow my nose ( I think she assumed I was crying every time).
Hi everyone time for The Friendly Fill-Ins.Remember to leave your link at McGuffy’s Reader and you can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate.
1. September bucket list: 1. _________________ 2. ________________…………..
2. If I came with a warning label, it would say ______________________________
3. Truth be told, .
- September bucket list: 1. declutter 2. start craft projects that will be Christmas gifts 3. make an apple pie ( or 2 or 3 ).
- If I came with a warning label, it would say MUST HAVE COFFEE TO FUNCTION.
- Truth be told, I don’t like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or anything like that. I think it is not very personal and I can’t keep up with them all. I prefer to just blog and read blogs. I also like to email.
- I would rather be home with my cats than be anywhere else.
We are also joining Feline Friday hosted by Comedy Plus
Hi everyone! We are joining Book Date’s It’s Monday! What Are YOU Reading? and Comedy Plus’ Awww… Monday Blog Hops.
While Joanie is on hiatus from her role on The Codd Mother, she will continue with her book reviews.
This one is good idea, every year only 12 weeks long so that means we will have Christmas every 12 weeks.
Thank you Joanie. I really enjoyed The 12 Week Year by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lenington. This book came out in 2009 so I am a little late to the party, but it is definitely worth a read. They explain how we accomplish so much from October through December because we are at the end of the year and running out of time so if we think of a year as 12 weeks we will start to accomplish more all the time. They explain how to break down goals into tactics to accomplish them and how to keep score.
I also enjoyed comedian Kevin Hart’s memoir, I Can’t Make This Up: Life Lessons. I had actually never heard of him before, but I like memoirs so I gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised. Kevin Hart is a comedian so there was some vulgar language, but overall it was a nice book. He writes about all the hard work he had to put in to become a comedian. So many people think they are funny and can just get up on stage and tell jokes, but it is so much more than that. He has also learned a lot from his mistakes and shares that information too.
Hi everyone! Time for the Friendly Fill-Ins. Be sure to add your link at McGuffy’s Reader. You can also out your answers in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate.
1. My favorite fictional character is ______________________-.
2. A new tv show or film I am looking forward to this Fall is ____________________.
3. One of my very favourite books is .
Hi everyone! Time for The Friendly Fill-Ins Week 68. Be sure to add your link at McGuffy’s Reader, you can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate.
1._____________________ is a waste of time.
2. My favorite app is ____________________.
3. My first car was ___________________.
4. The best car I ever owned was ____________________, because ____________.
- Worrying about things we have no control over is a waste of time, yet I can’t stop myself from doing it.
- My favorite app is the Kindle app on my computer.
- My first car was a blue Gremlin, it was my grandfather’s. If this sounds familiar it is because on another fill in that was my first ___ was ___, I chose car.
- The best car I ever owned was my 1990 Honda Civic, because I got it brand new and it was a beautiful shade of blue.I had it for 14 years.
We are joining Feline Friday currently being hosted by our friend at Comedy Plus.
Joanie is going to start with her review.
Thank you Joanie, even though you just insulted me. I am still reading the Hemingway Biography and not liking him too much, but I am determined to read about his cats.
I won a book on Goodreads called The Sweet Spot by Christine Carter. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy their life and be less busy. She offers great tips on simplifying your life and doing what you enjoy. We all have to do some things we don’t want to do in life, but your life shouldn’t be just those things.
I just finished To the New Owners: A Martha’s Vineyard Memoir by Madeleine Blaise. I enjoyed it despite all the name dropping of the rich and famous that stayed at their Martha’s Vineyard family home over the years. She tells of the home her in-laws owned on the island for over 50 years and the sadness of having to let it go.
Thank you for all the purrs and prayers and hee-haws for Phoebe. She actually ate quite a bit on Sunday ( knock on wood, 3 times). The combination of pepcid and anti-nausea meds may be the magic potion needed. I finally gave in and let her go outside in the covered blueberry patch.
Hi everyone! Time for The Friendly Fill-Ins. Be sure to leave your link at McGuffy’s Reader. You can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate.
1. If someone were visiting my area, I would recommend a visit to _________________________.
2. My favorite room in my home is _________________________.
3. Back-to-school time makes me think of .
4. My favourite year of school was , because .
1.If someone were visit my area, I would recommend a visit to The Quabbin Reservoir. It is located in the next town, but only 5 miles from where I live. 4 towns were taken over to build it to supply water to Boston, MA.It is a beautiful place to walk and bike ride. It boggles my mind that they could destroy 4 small towns, moving cemeteries and forcing people to leave. To earn more about it click here.
2. My favorite room in my home is the bedroom, I love to read in there with kitties next to me.
3. Back-to-school time makes me think of taking a photo of my niece on her first day of school from preschool all the way through college.
4. My favourite year of school was none of them, because I have always been socially anxious so even though I forced myself to join things, I never felt comfortable or that I belonged in any social group.
We are also joining Feline Friday which is currently being hosted by Comedy Plus.