Hi everyone. Before we start, I want to have a moment of silence for Gertrude of Marg’s Animals who left for The Rainbow Bridge on Monday.
I am joining Brian’s Thankful Thursday Blog Hop because I am thankful that we are finally rid of the sickness that we all had ( except Brody). And I will be seeing Grammie today, I love her so very much.
Brody wasn’t sick, but he didn’t escape a trip to the vet. He was due for a rabies vaccine. This week, Brody and I wrote a poem together for Sammy’s Poetry Day.
Mom dragged me off the damn vet
I am starting to think I’m not her favorite pet
I admit I felt like crud
but those vampires shouldn’t have taken my blood
They gave me an anti-nausea shot
I guess that helped a lot
The next day Mom dragged me off too
please remind me to vomit in her shoe
I was given a rabies vaccine
by a lady whose name was not Maxine
To my lovely Leia I send a kiss
to Mom and the Damn vet a hiss!
Emmy also wanted to give writing poetry a try so she used one of the word choices, dark.
I only come out when it is dark
that is when I get my spark
When everyone else is sound asleep
I wander about not making a peep
In the morning toys scattered on the floor
to pick them all up is quite a chore
Maybe someday I will sleep at night
instead of sleeping while it is light
Do you like my shades?
Mom is participating in Wandering Through the Shelves TMP blog hop again this week, the theme is summer vacation.
- A Walk on the Moon ( 1999)- Set in 1969, a family goes to a Jewish summer retreat in The Catskills. Great music and incredible acting by Diane Lane, Liev Schreiber, Viggo Mortensen and a young Anna Paquin. This is one of my favorite films and it doesn’t even have Nicola Cage in it.
- Dirty Dancing ( 1987)- I think everyone knows of this one.
- Dirty Dancing (2017) – This is a remake of the original and made for tv, but it was pretty good. Abigail Breslin played Baby, I think she seemed too young for the part. The original came out when I was 18 so it could just be that I am so much older now that she seemed extra young. I did like the extra ending in this one.
And here are the fill-ins for tomorrow. I came up with the first two and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two. Please purr and pray for Annie’s beautiful cat, Chloe Jo , she has been having numerous health problems and was hospitalized for several days.
1. My favorite line from a film is __________________________.
2. Other than blogs, a website I visit often is __________________.
3. When I feel down, I .
4. If I could , I would .