Hi everyone! Happy Dr. Seuss Day! Time for the Friendly Fill-Ins, be sure to add your link at McGuffy’s Reader. You can also answer in the comment section. Thank you to all who participate.
1. My favorite Dr. Seuss book is _________________.
2. The most interesting person I have ever met is ______________. 3. Besides books by Dr. Seuss, my favourite book as a child was .
4. Lately, I have been working on .
1. My favorite Dr. Seuss book is The Cat in the Hat. ( I am sure you all could have guessed that).
2. The most interesting person that I have ever met is my husband’s father, he was an inventor of hydraulic construction equipment with several patents.In addition, he was an avid gardener and a great cribbage player. I wish I had more time with him, he passed away in 1999 at the age of 91.
3. Besides books by Dr. Seuss,my favorite book as a child was Dolly Madison’s Surprise. It was my mom’s book as a child and I still have it.
4. Lately, I have been working on crochet projects for the A-Z Challenge in April.
This year is not off to a good start. Our dear friends at The Cat on My Head lost their sweet Lily Olivia. She was a fellow Crotchety Cougar with Phoebe. If you haven’t already, please visit them to give your sympathies.
“Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus. It would be as dreary as if there were no VIRGINIAS”
We believe in Santa, even if he does smell a lot like Daddy.
Here are the Friendly Fill-Ins for Friday. We know many are busy with the holiday so please remember the link is open until Wednesday night. Mom came up with the first two and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two.
1. I start to decorate for Christmas/Hanukkah __________________________.
2. I prefer a ____________________ Christmas tree because ____________________.
3. The best thing about the holidays is .
4. The worst thing about the holidays is .
Have a Happy Thanksgiving! We are thankful to all of you for your friendship!
Don’t forget to enter the giveaways if you haven’t already.
Hi everyone. Before we show our Halloween costumes, I have a Prancie update. She is improving and can walk pretty well, just a little unsteady. The vet did not think she had a stroke. She thinks it is vestibular and possibly from an ear infection. She had an antibiotic shot and has ear drops. Thank you all for the purrs and prayers.
First off, black cats don’t need costumes, they are perfect just as they are. And Polar Bear is impossible to dress so he decided to pose with a ghost.
The other eight went with an ocean theme.
Sammy as Popeye with Olive Oil and Sweet Pea ( actually, it is a sugar snap pea).
Emmy is a penguin
Penny is a crab ( she is mad that she couldn’t do her tips today).
I want to thank you all for the words of comfort, emails, cards and prayers on the loss of Phoebe. I am truly blessed. I also want to thank The Cat on My Head for dedicating Sunday Selfies to Phoebe. I am sharing the beautiful badges many of you have made. I apologize if I forget anyone, if I do, please let me know.
All most 3 yearss ago
mee asked a kitty gurl out!
Shee said ‘Myeah’ to mee…
for mee there was no doubt!!!
After thee ferst date
mee asked her to bee mine,
Shee was berry sirprized
an said that wood bee fine!
An then mee made her a Purrincess
an pledged mee luv to her….
thee last 2 yearss were amazin
all tho’ now sort of a blur!
Wee went on many datess an
had sleep overss inn our dreemss.
Wee were all wayss together
an now iss emptee it seemss.
It’ss onlee been 4 dayss
since Purrincess Phoebe went away….
It seemss like an eternity
Mee luvss her more than mee can say!
Where efurr you are Purrincess Phoebe,
you will live inn mee heart.
You will ALLWAYSS bee mee Purrincess
you were frum thee berry start!!!”
bye Purrince Siddhartha Henry inn memoree of <3 Purrincess Phoebe
Comments are shut off, you have already done so much to help me heal. Thank you.
Hi everyone! Thank you for all the words of comfort you have left on the loss of Phoebe.I will answer all your comments soon. I am still taking a break , but will return for our regular posts on Monday. I didn’t want to miss this special day because it is so important.
Today is Remember Me Thursday, the day we remember those in shelters still needing homes. Some will die in shelters before they ever get their forever homes.
KaTwo and Snowball spent 2 years in The Secaucus New Jersey Animal Shelter before I adopted them.I wish I had more than 4 years with Snowball, but I am thankful for the time we had.
Joanie and Sammy were also in a shelter when I adopted them. I went for Sammy, not knowing he had a sister, but once I saw her, I wasn’t leaving her behind. Please spread the word to adopt from shelters.
You can help your favorite shelter to win prizes( lots of food) in 3 ways:
Take a photo of your rescue pet and post it on Instagram #RememberTheRescue and #RememberMeThursday.
Post the photo on Twitter too with the same hashtags as above.