Hi everyone! Today we are joining Athena’s Caturday Art and Ten Things of Thankful Blog Hops.
I decided to use Be Funky and added a grunge frame to Emmy’s photo. She is a sweet kitty, she is not a lap cat, but she does come near us for affection.
Here are my Ten Things of Thankful
- I am thankful for all my birthday wishes on the 23rd, including over 200 of them on Facebook.
- Got to go to a book sale with my hubby and then out to our favorite diner for blueberry pancakes.
- At the book sale, I scored an Amelia Bedelia book I didn’t have for only 50 cents. My Mom and I collect them and will read them to the great one eventually.
- Also scored some books I had never heard of that look interesting. I love going to book sales and finding older books I didn’t know existed.
- I attended a healing mass at a local shrine with my Mom and sister.
- Got to spend lots of quality time with my cats this week.
- Was much cooler this week and less humid.
- Homemade pickles I made taste great.
- More fresh from the patch blueberries, enough to freeze some.
- I am now 48 and have no aches or pains despite needing to lose a lot of weight. I know some people have arthritis and all sorts of pains at my age.
Hi everyone! We are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop and The Ten Things of Thankful Blog Hop too.
I added a frame to Emmy’s photo. KaTwo loaned her this hat, she wants to know how she looks?
And for #PMT photohunt @tonkstail “Opposite”
The opposite of on is off- this is one of Phoebe’s bloopers from the 4th of July.
Now for my ten thankfuls
- My sister and the great one had an ice cream party for my Mom and I, it was a lot of fun.
- We won a great prize package that came this week (we will tell you about it in another post).
- I won a book on Goodreads a month ago and it finally came in.
- Fresh blueberries which make fantastic muffins.
- Spending Wednesday and Friday with my Mom.
- I am thankful my hubby and I are home together almost always ( even if he is out in the garden a lot of the time).
- Garden fresh celery ( once you try it grocery store one will not taste right).
- Central air conditioning- very necessary lately.
- Allergy shots, they seem to be working.
- All of you who read these posts.
And the winner of the Kitty Kick Stick is Brian and his family at Brian’s Home. Congratulations! We can’t wait to see some photos of you bunny kicking the stick.
Hi everyone! Phoebe thanks you all for the Gotcha Day wishes yesterday. We are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop. I used Lunapic’s VanGogh effect on Phoebe’s photo to create this work of art.
I am also joining Ten Things of Thankful’s Blog Hop too. And here are my 10 thankfuls for the week.
- I am thankful for the past 14 years with sweet Phoebe, she is truly the sweetest.
- I found big containers of Party Mix on clearance for $3.99 ( they are good until 2018).
- For calming collars- without them My Sammy would go after poor Brody constantly.
- The first blueberries of the season from the garden.
- The weather cooled off today, the high was only 64 degrees- wonderful 🙂
- I got to see my great-niece 3 days this week.
- My great-niece is picking up words faster by the day.
- My hubby is a wonderful cat Daddy and caters to Phoebe’s every whim including drinks from the sink at all hours of the night.
- My niece getting back from her business trip safely ( I worry when loved ones need to go on airplanes).
To join in the thankful hop or to just see what others are thankful for click here.
PS: There is a badge for Ten Things of Thankful, but it won’t save for me. 🙁
Hi everyone! Today we are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop and a new hop called Ten Things of Thankful that I read about on Messymimi’s blog.
First off, Phoebe made this for her Purrince who turns 3 on Sunday.
And now to list 10 things I am thankful for this week.
- I got to go to the mall and lunch with my mom, niece and the great one on Monday.
- I had a quiet 4th of July with my hubby.
- Emmy and Joanie both had good blood work results.
- I scored some free magazines from the library.
- My friend Suzanne of P.S.Annie sent me a wonderful box of books for the great one and a Teletubbies dvd for her too. She also included some books for my hubby and I to read.
- I am meeting a friend from college for breakfast today.I am thankful for her friendship all these years.
- I am thankful that God gave me a wonderful mother who is such a caring person.
- Fresh zucchini from the garden- so good.
- A new top loading washing machine with an agitator,our machine broke again last week and this time my hubby couldn’t fix it-yay!
- I am thankful for everyone who is reading this.
Phoebe’s Purrince lives in Canada as well as many of our blogging friends so we want to wish you all a Happy Canada Day!
We are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop.
Hi everyone! Today is Cat World Domination Day- I am sure your cats reminded you of this. I used this same globe last year with just Phoebe’s photos. This year, I used 7 of my cats- can you guess who they are?
Sparkle started this special day and now Summer continues it.
We are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop
Hi everyone! Thank you to all who participated in the fill-ins this week. I am planning to do every challenge, some will be much harder for me than others. I am introverted so meeting someone new with a similar interest and even smiling at someone are going to be toughies. I look forward to napping and going to the library though.
Messymimi’s challenge was to find 3 things to be thankful for each day this week.
I am thankful for having a nice and talented friend that gave me these 2 sculptures. If you like them, you can purchase a customized one on Etsy.
This one looks like my blog header This one looks like Emmy
I am thankful that we had friends over to watch a movie last night. And I am thankful for all my kitties.
The sculptures are art, so we are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop. We are also joining The 200th Pet Parade!
HI everyone! As you can see, Emmy is enjoying herself . She really likes nip.
She doesn’t need a calming collar, but I gave her Sammy’s and then gave him a new one in the hopes of keeping the peace- so far, so good ( knock on wood, 3 times).
Yesterday, I wrote about my longest friendship. And then I remembered I had posted a photo back in 2014 of Sharon and I when we went to a painting class.
I didn’t have a tuxedo cat back then, but I do now. We are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop.
Hi everyone. I actually was able to catch the stray cat Wednesday night. It is either a fixed male or a female. I will bring kitty to the shelter clinic Wednesday for vaccines and a FELV/FIV test.
Does anyone know if there is a FIP test?
No worries, kitty is not in a jar. Kitty is segregated in a breezeway off the garage, but safe and happy. Poor kitty was covered in ticks and probably fleas too, I already applied a topical treatment from the vet.
I have checked local animal control FB pages and craigslist for lost cats. We will also check for a microchip at the clinic. I find it hard to believe someone would dump this sweet cat, but the same thing happened to Prancie, Tallulah, Stinky, Penny and Barney.
I had been feeding kitty for at least 2 weeks and it was getting braver so I started puling the dish toward the breezeway and once inside, I shut the door. Kitty was scared, but only briefly. I have also discovered kitty loves nip and for me to pet him or her.
I have decided on the names Emmy for a girl and Oscar for a boy. I am hoping it is a girl because Sammy already has his Brody issues.
I used Imagechef for the photo, we are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop.
We are also joining #PMTphotohunt @tonkstail / I cheated and used Loonapix , I hope to see this image on a cloudy day , Snowball.
Hi everyone! Look at all the goodies I won at Cat Scouts. All I did was guess correctly on which horse would win.
I guessed #5 because Mom made this photo of me on Faceinhole.com and I was on horse #5. Isn’t that cool?
This can of goodies is like a TARDIS, much bigger on the inside. I can’t believe how many goodies were in this can.
Look at all this loot- there were 3 packages- silvervine, valerian and premium catnip. Plus a birdy that sounds just like a real one ( Jinx caught it and delivered it to Mom). There was a ball and a spring and a tin of kitty mints and a laser and a hexbug and a pouch of food too.
Thank you Denmaster! I promise to share- eventually.
The good news is your folks can get you your very own Hooligan in a Can too from Cat Scouts. You don’t have to be a Cat Scout to order one, but Cat Scouts is lots of fun and open to boy and girl kitties, any age , from any country and you don’t even have to have a blog. To be transported to Cat Scouts to order your own Hooligan in a Can just Click Here.
And who knows, you may meet that special someone at Cat Scouts like I did with Maggie.
We are joining Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop.